Teeth Whitening at Home
They say you are never fully dressed without a smile. But, truth be told, a person’s smile is never more beautiful than when the teeth are given their much needed attention and tender loving care. A smile is definitely at its most beautiful when the teeth are as white and clean as possible. Choosing a dental clinic that does not only promise you your desired results, but also makes sure that you understand the process of teeth whiting and that you are getting the most out of your deal can be a challenge.
Teeth whitening procedures can be very costly and time consuming. Since there are so many clinics everywhere that offer teeth whitening, the challenge is in choosing a clinic that does not only give you whiter teeth, but also guarantees you good customer service. On average, American’s spend roughly around $1.4 million dollars on over-the-counter teeth whitening products every year. But there is really no need to spend all that money.
Luckily, there are a lot of home recipes that have been developed to get your much deserved whiter teeth and beautiful smile at home. No need for professional care, just a few ingredients that you probably already have lying at home.
To effectively know how to make teeth whiter, one must first know what the root cause of the problem is. What makes teeth yellow in color?
There are many factors that contribute to the yellowish tint of teeth. Genetics, for one, is one of those factors. If your family line has a lot of yellow shaded teeth, then there is a good chance that your yellowish teeth come from a direct line of ancestry. The food you eat and the beverages you drink also play a part in the discoloration of your pearly whites. But the most important factor of all, oral hygiene is also a big contributor you the yellowish tint of your teeth.
But, fret no more, here is a quick and easy way to get whiter teeth at home.
Baking Soda and Lemon Juice Paste
- Baking soda
- Lemon juice or water for the paste
- One toothbrush
- Mix a few teaspoons of baking soda and a few teaspoons of lemon juice or water in a tiny bowl or dish of choice to make the paste you need.
- Dry your teeth from saliva using a small clean towel or a tissue paper.
- Smear an ample amount of paste on your toothbrush and start brushing the mixture on your teeth the same as you would when normally brushing your teeth.
- Leave the paste for one minute, not longer, and then rinse. This is to avoid acid affecting the enamel coating of our teeth. If only water was used, the paste may be left on for three minutes.
This quick and easy procedure is proof that no one needs to spend so much money on teeth whitening. But when you are in need of fast and accurate results, you may want to seek the help of a professional.